Monday, November 10, 2014

Dessert, anyone?

Stress, for me, leads to stress eating. This kind of eating is not the healthy eating of raw fruits or veggies, whole grains and nutrient rich snacks.  I eat to make myself feel better, so I seek comforting foods to comfort the crazy going on around me and slow down my brain that feels likes its spinning on axis.
Today was a super stressful day, with several projects happening at the same time and all of the year end yuck starting up. As much as I wanted to seek out the candy dish in the main office area filled with leftover Halloween treats, I headed outside instead. The air was crisp, and the sun was shining and it only took a few minutes to clear my head as I took a short walk around a block or two.  
Thankful today that I broke the stress snacking cycle and got a little exercise while I was at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment