Thursday, July 31, 2014

First fist bump

Today was a great day, because the kids and I decided to have a picnic at our favorite park. All was well until I realized that the the bottle of orange soda Dominik chose at the grocer on the way there had a bottle cap requiring a bottle opener.  We were not prepared...there was no bottle opener in sight.
I asked all the picnicking families I could see if they had one we could borrow, but came up empty-handed.  Finally a gentleman walked by and I proceeded to ask him in desperation.  He took the bottle from my hand, placed the edge of the cap at the edge of the picnic table and pushed down. The cap popped off!  I thanked him up and down and in return he put out his fist for a bump.  And that is the story of my first fist bump.  Thanks to  the kindness of strangers, we got out of a jam today and Dom got to enjoy his soda at the park.



2 comments:

  1. This was your first fist bump? No way! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - great story! Desperation leads to first fist bump!

    ReplyDelete