Monday, March 31, 2014

Big smiles from tiny post-it notes

Last year, at an off-site retreat our HR department participated in an exersize involving the writing of our positive impression of each teammate on a post-it and placing it on that person's back.  It was a cool activity but I didn't really feel it had an impact on me at the time.  Our Director suggested that we hang them up in our workspace as a reminder of the way the team sees us and to delight in the compliments.
Well, I have had mine hung on my wall since then...and it has brought me much needed assurance on many occasion. Working  in a different city than the rest of the HR team, I often feel like it is just me, myself and I...but these notes remind me that I am part of great team.  I was thankful today to have this reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment