Thursday, March 27, 2014

Nostalgia comes in small jars

Our kitchen cupboards are particularly tall, and I am most certainly not. I admit that items get tossed in and pushed back and are sometimes forgotten or simply never seen again.  Recently this jar of baby food surfaced when Alice was seeking paper muffin cups.  Now, I often feel like its hard to remember my kiddos as babys. One look, though, at this little glass vessel of puréed carrots and the memories were flooding back.  Bibs, and little mouths into which I would squeeze tiny spoons full of goop.  Some of it went in, and the rest...well, the rest ended up on every surface within a 3 foot radius.  After my walk down memory lane, I promptly tossed the carrots.  They had been sitting in my cupboard for the last 7 or so years. It was time.


No comments:

Post a Comment