Thursday, March 6, 2014

Escape to Hogwarts

I'll be frank, I never used to understand people's obsession with Harry Potter.  I had not read the books and when the first movie came out I saw it on DVD, unimpressed. 
At our house we have been reading aloud to the kids before bedtime since they were babies. As they got older we had trouble with them being interested in what we read and they stopped paying attention.  Enter Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...and nighttime reading has not been the same. I look forward to reading these books aloud (we are on the 3rd one now) and the kids are totally sucked in and thrilled with the stories.  I have a new and deep appreciation for the Hogwarts crew and have enjoyed the movies that follow the books.  Reading aloud as a family is such a great part of each day...I hope our kids will always let us read to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment