Monday, March 24, 2014

Ix-nay the ama-dray...life is short

I am thankful today that my office has a door.  Some folks like to stop by and chat during the workday.   Most of the time it is a great break to visit and catch up with a friendly co-worker. Sometimes though it is simply a negative spewing from someone who is miserable for whatever reason.  They consider it "venting" but it really is more about their outlook than anything that is happening at work. I respond in a positive way...looking for the silver lining, glass half full stuff.  They don't want to hear it because they enjoy being miserable somehow.  Today, I just didn't have the energy for it all, so I was glad to have my door to close.  Sometimes you just have to shut out the negative to focus on the good stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Debbie took the words right out of my mouth! What a blessing a large piece of wood with a handle can be.

    ReplyDelete