Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'd rather be knitting

Nine months ago I taught myself how to knit with needles and I was hooked instantly.  I was horrible, but it didn't matter too much. Since then I have switched to knitting on looms because it is easier on my arthritis.  I've gotten better but mostly I have found it to be a calming and relaxing activity that is a lovely way to wind down at the end of the day. This is a photo of a blanket I am working on tonight...it is slow going, so I expect it should be complete before next winter.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Such vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is an experiment...decided to use up all the odds and ends of yarn I had, so it is stripes of many many colors. We use so many blankets come Winter because the house is hard to heat, that I imagine it will be another couch throw at some point.

    ReplyDelete